MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, and is a privately owned global provider of energy services to more than 6.9 million customers worldwide. MidAmerican operates seven primary business platforms:
- MidAmerican Energy Company -- Iowa's largest energy company
- PacifiCorp -- One of the West's largest utilities, serving the states of California, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming
- Northern Powergrid -- Northern Electric and Yorkshire Electricity with operations in the North East of England
- CalEnergy Generation -- with operations in the U.S. and Philippines
- Kern River Gas Transmission -- a 1,700-mile gas transmission line serving western U.S. markets
- Northern Natural Gas -- a 14,900-mile gas transmission line delivering natural gas to the Upper Midwest
- HomeServices of America, Inc. -- the second largest residential real estate brokerage company in the U.S.
Detailed information about each company can be found throughout the News Room.